News updates from HT: Delhi borders remain closed due to farmers’ stir and all the latest news
Here are today’s top news, analysis and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
Several Delhi borders remain closed due to farmers’ protest, traffic diverted
In the wake of the ongoing farmers’ protest against the three new farm laws, several borders of the national capital between Haryana and Uttar Pradesh (UP) continued to remain closed for vehicular movement on Tuesday. Read more
26 dead, hundreds missing: What we know so far about Uttarakhand flash flood
Rescuers have recovered 26 bodies from different areas hit by the glacier burst in Chamoli district of Uttarakhand even as authorities have said more than 170 people are still missing. Read more
Delhi wakes up to foggy morning; AQI in very poor category
Moderate to dense fog enveloped parts of the national Capital on Tuesday, with the visibility dropping significantly in many parts. The low wind speeds also kept the air quality in the very poor zone. Read more
Get acquainted with foreign funding Act to help NGOs: Home ministry to CAs
After making stricter rules for NGOs to receive funds from abroad, the ministry of home affairs (MHA) has now advised Chartered Accountants (CAs) to familiarise themselves thoroughly with the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA) 2010, Foreign Contribution Regulation Rules 2011 as well as amendments and notifications issued by it from time to time so that they can help and guide the associations and their office bearers. Read more
Will India go for the kill at Chepauk today?
To overturn England's four days of dominance in Chennai and pull off an improbable victory, India will have to make history on Tuesday. Chasing 420 to win, India are 39/1 and need another 381 to take a 1-0 lead in the four-Test series. Read more
Salman Khan drops video from 33 years ago to wish friend on wedding anniversary, has a funny advice for friend's wife
Actor Salman Khan took to Instagram to share a funny video from 33 years ago to wish his childhood friend Sadiq on latter's wedding anniversary. He also cracked a joke about how his friend's wife made this marriage work. Read more
Malaika Arora wants you to do Yoga, shares new asana and its benefits
The Yoga queen is back at it again. Malaika Arora, in another attempt to urge her followers to stop procrastinating and exercise, shared a new fitness post. Just like every week, Malaika shared an image of herself nailing a Yoga asana and penned a long note along with it talking about its benefits and the steps to do the asana correctly. Read more
'PM Modi looking like Tagore...': Congress MP's jibe ahead of Bengal polls
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- India’s sedition law has an interesting past — it was introduced by the British in 1870, decided to be dropped from the Constitution in 1948 after discussions of the Constituent Assembly.
- India will also promote tourism by celebrating 2022 as the Visit India Year through a promotion campaign highlighting India’s strengths like heritage, culture, art, wellness and yoga.
- The ADG has constituted teams of police personnel from Aligarh to assist the Hathras police.
- The incident took place on Sunday afternoon, when the girl went to a wheat field, owned by the family of the accused, to collect fodder and water.
- The provisions under the new rules relate to the code of ethics for digital news publishers, setting up of a grievance redressal system and the requirement of disclosure of information to Centre, the ministry said.
- The instrument will support the 3.6 metre Devasthal Optical Telescope (DOT) in Uttarakhand, an official release from the department of science said on Wednesday.
- Lt-Gen BS Raju said a quiet LoC will allow us to address the challenge of terrorism in a focused manner.
- The central agency has registered a case on the basis of an FIR registered by Chennai Economic Offences Wing in September last year.
- Dhyani added that the burden on the ecology due to construction on Himalayan slopes made the region prone to disasters.
- Navlakha claimed in his petition filed through advocate Shadan Farasat that the 90-day period for filing of charge sheet was over and he was entitled to default bail under Section 167(2) of the Code of Criminal Procedure (CrPC).
- Lama was being considered as the GJM candidate for the Kalimpong assembly seat in the coming polls later this month.
- Unhappy with the response, the bench headed by Chief Justice of India (CJI) SA Bobde asked Solicitor General Tushar Mehta to appear in the case along with Additional Solicitor General (ASG) Vikramjeet Banerjee, who presented the note to the Court.
- The officer withdrew his request after an orthopaedic surgeon said his purpose would not be served by buying a horse.