Suspected Pakistan spy had been ISI informer for 3 years, caught in Jodhpur
Suspected Pakistan spy Haji Khan had been passing on defence-related information to the ISI and two other agencies for the past three years, his interrogators on Tuesday said.
According to intelligence sources, Khan, who was caught in a joint operation of Army Intelligence and the CID from Kishangarh on Saturday, had also visited Pakistan by Thar Express five times during the same time.
“Khan’s wife has been living in Pakistan’s Rahimyarkhan and in return of providing important strategic information to the ISI and other agencies, her account was credited with Rs 15 lakh during this period,” a source said.
He told the agencies his brother Jumme Khan, who also lives in Rahimyarkhan, had been caught by the ISI and in return of his release, the ISI forced him to make the defence-related information available to it.
According to the sources, for the past three years of his activity, Khan has shared various information pertaining to border activities of the army, air force and the BSF in Jaisalmer, Jodhpur, Barmer’s Utarlai air base and Gandhinagar.
Khan had been using four SIM cards from Pakistan to pass on the information to his handlers there but during apprehension by the intelligence agencies, he managed to erase all the data from his cell phone, which the agencies have been trying to recover, they said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The police say about 30,000 tractors are likely to participate in the rally, but farm leaders said the number of vehicles will be closer to 200,000.
- The break-up of 946 police personnel who have been awarded medals on the occasion of the Republic Day, 2021.
- "We have promised ourselves that we will not just meet our Paris Agreement targets but exceed them...” PM Modi said.
- The Nagaland government had come to the Supreme Court in exceptional circumstances for orders to restrain the sitting Lokayukta from hearing any case or exercising his powers or functions under the Nagaland Lokayukta Act, 2017.
- His mother said she was not at all happy to receive the news that her son was conferred Maha Vir Chakra. “I expected the top medal, not this,” she said.
- In a letter sent to all government ministries and departments Cabinet Secretary Rajiv Gauba warned "that serious view would be taken" against those who fail to attend the ceremony despite invitations
- Of the 1.92 lakh beneficiaries that were to be vaccinated till January 25, the state has covered 1.77 lakh.
- “The chief minister is corrupt so he’s being controlled by the prime minister,” said Gandhi during his roadshow in Karur district.