Two teenage girls found hanging from electric pole in Uttar Pradesh
Bodies of two minor girls aged 14 and 15 years were found hanging in mysterious circumstances from an electricity pole in Pasgawan area of Lakhimpur late on Friday evening.
The finding triggered panic in the area . A crowd of over hundred villagers from nearby areas gathered at the spot and police teams were rushed to the spot to ensure no law and order trouble is caused.
Confirming the incident, SP Lakhimpur Khiri Poonam said, “The incident occurred in Jeera Bojhi village where the bodies were found from a pole of high tension line. She said the pole is located a kilometre away from the village.
He said the local police has been rushed to the spot to investigate the matter. The officer was on her way to the spot by the time this report was filed.
The dead bodies were spotted by local villagers who brought them down from the pole and informed local police.
Station House Officer(SHO)of Pasgawan Police station Satyendra Kumar Singh said that it is yet not clear whether the incident is of suicide or murder.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The Jammu and Kashmir administration is also collecting biometric and other details of Rohingyas staying in the union territory.
- Among those waiting at the weighing scale are also people who do not own land but are engaged in transporting sugarcane from farms to sugar mills after getting the yield measures at weighing scales.
- Here are today’s top news, analysis, and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
- In January, the Supreme Court dismissed pleas of the Uttar Pradesh government challenging the bail granted to Samajwadi Party MP Azam Khan, his wife Dr Tanzeen Fathima, and son Abdullah Azam Khan in an alleged case of forging birth certificate.
- An associate of the judicial magistrate allegedly demanded and accepted a bribe on her behalf for dismissing a criminal complaint against a milk vendor.
- Earlier, the CM had hit out at BJP's minister of state for external affairs, V Muraleedharan, alleging after his elevation, smuggling from West Asian countries increased manifold
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi's rally at the famous Brigade Parade Grounds in Maidan area is expected to draw a huge crowd.