147 hospitalised due to food poisoning in TN
Soon after consuming halwa, people complained of vomiting and giddiness and were rushed to a nearby hospital.india Updated: Nov 22, 2006 21:22 IST
As many as 147 people, many of them school students below 15, were admitted to a government hospital with suspected symptoms of food poisoning at Siruvathaaru Village in Villuppuramdistrict on Wednesday.
Police said the victims - 71 male and 76 female - consumed halwa sold by one Maya Krishnan and immediately complained of vomiting and giddiness.
As some of them swooned, the victims, residing in five nearby villages of Siruvathaaru, were rushed to the hospital.
Twenty-five of them were referred to Villuppuram Government Hospital for advanced treatment.
First Published: Nov 22, 2006 21:22 IST