25 huts gutted in Pune slum fire
At least 25 huts were gutted in a fire in a slum in Pune today afternoon, fire department officials said.india Updated: Dec 05, 2011 07:29 IST
At least 25 huts were gutted in a fire in a slum in Pune on Saturday afternoon, fire department officials said. There were no reports of any casualties.
The fire started from one of the huts in Patil Estate slum in Shivajinagar area and spread quickly.
Stove malfunctioning led to the blaze, fire department officer Vijay Bhilare said, adding at least 25 huts were destroyed.
Narrow roads leading to the area and traffic chaos delayed the arrival of fire brigade vehicles at the spot, he said.
Fifteen fire engines were pressed into service to put out the blaze, Bhilare added.
First Published: Dec 03, 2011 18:44 IST