5 K'kata-bound trains cancelled due to heavy rains
Five trains to Kolkata of Central Railways have been cancelled due to heavy rains in West Bengal for last few days.
The 2859 CST (Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus)-Howrah Geetanjali Express, 2809 CST-Howrah Mail, 8029 LTT-Howrah Shalimar Express, 2129 Pune-Howrah Azad Hind Express which were to depart for Kolkata on Thursday have been cancelled, Central Railways authorities said.
The 0859 CST-Howrah Special which was to depart on June 20 has also been cancelled, they said.
"The corresponding trains from Kolkata to Mumbai and Pune were cancelled as a result of the heavy rains in West Bengal and due to this the trains from Mumbai also will not operate," a spokesperson for Central Railways said.
At present, the Railway authorities have not been intimated regarding when services from Kolkata are expected to be restored, he added.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Since the last four days, Srinagar and other parts of Kashmir are observing freezing temperatures and a cold wave.
- The aim is to provide a level-playing field in media and a platform to redress public grievances against digital media
- Razdan said she has lodged a complaint with the police and requested “immediate steps to identify, apprehend and prosecute perpetrators of this abominable attack".
- Srinivasan had been on several long bike tours and expeditions, travelling to 36 countries and several continents, including America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
- While Hindi and English have been mostly used during the proceedings of the House, members preferring to speak in the 21 other scheduled Indian languages has increased to over five times per sitting in 2020 compared to the 14-year period between 2004-17.