Aamir loses custody of brother Faisal
Actor Aamir Khan has lost custody of his mentally-ill brother. On Saturday, the Bandra metropolitan magistrate said Faisal need not be in anybody's custody and can live anywhere he wants to.
The court also directed Faisal to report to JJ Hospital for check-ups regularly. The hospital had diagnosed that he was suffering from a schizo-affected psychosis.
Faisal's counsel S.A. Vasid presented details, like the police complaint he filed over a property dispute in UP and film agreements, to prove his client's “personal, professional, mental and social well-being.” Said Faisal, “It's a great feeling. I don't want to go back to my family which treated me so badly.”But may be with time, I will be able to forget.”
Last October, Faisal's mother had filed a complaint after he went missing. Faisal, who was found in Lonavla, alleged that Aamir had illegally confined him and feared that Aamir might kill him by giving him wrong medicines. Both Aamir and his father Hussain sought Faisal's custody, but later Hussain withdrew his application.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- On February 23, a Maoist camp was destroyed and an ambush against security forces was foiled by police in Gadchiroli district.
- Centre releases 2020 ‘Ease of Living Index’, experts cite women safety, transportation to explain outcome
- A single-phase election to 234 assembly seats is scheduled for April 6 in Tamil Nadu.
- The protesting farmers will block the six-lane Western Peripheral Expressway, also known as Kundli–Manesar–Palwal (KMP) Expressway for five hours, from 11 am to till 4 pm, Samyukta Kisan Morcha (SKM) announced on Wednesday.
- Former Goa CM and BJP stalwart Manohar Parrikar's son Utpal admitted he was breaking ranks with the party but stopped short of saying he was rebelling.