Adlabs, Phoenix Mills to set up India’s biggest multiplex
Adlabs Cinemas has joined hands with real estate major Phoenix Mills to set up India’s largest multiplex (megaplex) in Mumbai.
The megaplex spreads over 1,40,000 sq ft area and will have 15 screens with over 4,000 seats. This facility is part of an under construction mall complex called Phoenix Market City in Kurla, eastern suburb of Mumbai.
Adlabs has entered into a long-term lease agreement for the megaplex with Phoenix Mills, which is developing this mall complex along with its partners. The megaplex is scheduled to open in the second half of 2009.
Tushar Dhingra, COO, Adlabs Cinemas said, “The new Adlabs megaplex will set world benchmarks in terms of design and ambience, technology and overall consumer viewing experience.”
In addition to screening latest releases, the megaplex will also screen popular sport events and live concerts. It will house two luxury screens with adjoining ‘Ebony Lounges’ playing live band.
With 170 screens under its banner in India, Adlabs Cinemas is by far the largest cinema chain in the country. It also operates a 251-screen cinema chain in the US and 51-screen cinema chain in Malaysia. The company owns India’s first IMAX and 6D theatres.
Phoenix Market City is spread over 4.5 million sq. ft. and involves an investment of Rs 1,100 crore. It will house Mumbai’s largest hypermarket, departmental stores, food courts, entertainment zones and over 400 branded stores.
“The Kurla project is likely to become a must-see for Mumbaiites and tourists. This is going to be a world-class destination with retail spaces, offices, hotel and a megaplex,” said Tony Ward, Chief Operating Officer, Phoenix Market City Management.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Since the last four days, Srinagar and other parts of Kashmir are observing freezing temperatures and a cold wave.
- The aim is to provide a level-playing field in media and a platform to redress public grievances against digital media
- Razdan said she has lodged a complaint with the police and requested “immediate steps to identify, apprehend and prosecute perpetrators of this abominable attack".
- Srinivasan had been on several long bike tours and expeditions, travelling to 36 countries and several continents, including America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
- While Hindi and English have been mostly used during the proceedings of the House, members preferring to speak in the 21 other scheduled Indian languages has increased to over five times per sitting in 2020 compared to the 14-year period between 2004-17.
- Cold wave or 'severe’ cold wave conditions are also very likely over Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh, Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan and east Madhya Pradesh during the next two days