Airhostess suicide: Pilot in police custody
The commercial pilot charged with abetting suicide of an airhostess, was produced before a local court on Friday.
Arjun Menon, who was arrested on Thursday evening, was remanded to police custody till June 19.
According to police officials, Menon was the last person to visit airhostess Sucheta Anand’s room at Ramada Palm Grove Hotel in Juhu before she hung herself to death.
On June 7, the police had discovered the body of Sucheta, a resident of Delhi, in the five star hotel’s room. A case of suicide was registered on the basis of Menon’s statement. Sucheta used to work for IndiGo Airlines.
In his statement to the police, Menon had said that they had dinner in the hotel restaurant and then Sucheta retired to her room number 311.
Sucheta’s brother has lodged a complaint against Menon. Based on the complaint the police called Menon for questioning and later arrested him under Section 306 of the IPC.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The Shiv Sena which is a marginal force in West Bengal, is aiming to punch much above its weight.
- BJP parliamentarian from Maharashtra Manoj Kotak and West Ghatkopar MLA Ram Kadam demanded a ban on the series.
- HT had reported on Wednesday that the panel was mulling the decision in the wake of the privacy concerns surrounding WhatsApp’s new policy.
- Chinar Corps commander Lt Gen BS Raju said the Line of Control remains fairly active because of Pakistan's attempts to push in terrorists.
- The Delhi Police in its application seeking injunction against farmers taking out a tractor rally had said that the tractor rally could cause law and order problems and embarrass the country.