Arshad Warsi's maiden production in trouble
Even before Arshad Warsi could launch his maiden production which is still untitled, it has run into trouble. Reason: director Jaideep Sen demanded an astronomical price at the nth hour.
Result: Sen is out. He is now directing a film for Percept Pictures.
Warsi who is one of the main leads in Sen's directorial debut Krazzy 4 which he's directing for Rakesh Roshan's production house, and Sen have parted ways.
"Ever since the promos of Krazzy 4 came on air, Jaideep has been flooded with offers. Arshad had signed him up for a particular price but it wasn't put on paper," says a source.
"When Sen suddenly asked for Rs 50 lakh to direct Arshad's film it was almost double the figure decided on earlier."
Warsi has yet to finalise the other actors for his film but is planning a start-to-finish schedule from July 15 to September 15.
"His friend, director Kabir Kaushik who made his debut with the Warsi starrer Sehar, will be directing the film now," adds the source.
Kaushik is currently shooting his second film, Chamku with Bobby Deol in the title role and Priyanka Chopra as the female lead.
"Kaushik should finish with Chamku a couple of months from now and will then focus on Warsi's film which is a romantic comedy. He has already gone through the script," concludes the source.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The order was issued after hearing an injunction suit filed by Ramesh Jarkiholi’s lawyers on Wednesday. The suit had named 68 media houses, channels and others.
- High Commissioner Alex Ellis also said more debates on the farmers' protest should be expected around the world as India takes on a greater role on the global stage
- Giving two weeks to the government to come back with its response, the bench then formally recorded in its order that one of the issues that has caught its attention is “uncontrolled and unscreened viewing of films” on Amazon Prime Video and other OTT platforms.
- The roughly 20,000 centres being used for the vaccine drive at the moment are hospitals, private as well as public, while many primary and secondary health centres at present are kept out of the programme.
- The external affairs ministry, which too rejected Freedom House’s report, also took exception to the depiction of Jammu and Kashmir in the map used in the document.
- A home ministry spokesperson said these rules prepared by the Foreigners’ Division were part of a brochure issued on November 15, 2019. The rules were consolidated and notified on Thursday.
- After the allegations on Jarkiholi, there were unverified reports of several similar videos and other sex scandals against other cabinet ministers.
- India is a signatory to the Paris Agreement under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change.
- On the other hand, the DMK’s stalemate continued with its main and long standing ally, the Congress, on seat sharing.
- The person said it was imperative that the photographs are removed from certificates distributed in the poll bound states, adding that the system can continue in other states.
- Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla, former President Pratibha Patil, economist Amartya Sen, cricketer Sachin Tendulkar, spiritual leader Baba Ramdev, chief ministers of states and senior political leaders are among those included in the panel.
- According to Indian agencies, the JeI has maintained that J&K is a disputed territory.
- Interestingly, the election of the six YSRC members comes at a time when a resolution adopted by the Jagan Mohan Reddy government in the state assembly in January 2020, seeking abolition of the legislative council, is still pending with the Union home ministry.