Big B voted Asia's sexiest vegetarian
Legendary Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan has been voted Asia's sexiest vegetarian male in a survey conducted by animal rights group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA).
Hong Kong's singer-actress Faye Wong was voted Asia's sexiest vegetarian female in the poll conducted among members of PETA Wednesday.
Runners-up in the competition included Taiwanese drama star Barbie Xu, Hong Kong actress Maggie Q and Cantopop singer and actress Stephy Tang.
Outside Asia, Coldplay singer Chris Martin, pop star Leona Lewis and camp British TV host Russell Brand were among the celebrities who polled most votes as sexiest vegetarians.
PETA Asia-Pacific director Jason Baker said: "Going vegetarian is the best thing you can do for animals, the earth and your health. Plus there's no easier way to stay slim and sexy - and Faye and Amitabh are living proof."
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The NCP demanded a joint parliamentary committee probe into the leaked WhatsApp chats, the Congress sought a probe under the Official Secrets Act and the Shiv Sena said demanded action against Arnab Goswami for breach of internal security.
- Several countries have either signed agreements or are in talks with Serum Institute or Bharat Biotech, including Bangladesh, Brazil, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and Morocco.
- Long weekends around Republic Day, Good Friday, Holi, Janmashtami, Dussehra and Christmas are expected to see significant interest from travellers.
- NIA officials said that most of the people who appeared before the agency in the last few days, have been examined as “witnesses”.
- The family of nomads had been living in a ramshackle shed covered with tarpaulin and polythene in a forest area of Devsar in Kulgam district.