Body of Shrachi executive found
The body of an executive of a Kolkata-based real estate firm was found in a gunny bag at Ghola in North 24 Parganas in the outskirts of Barasat, police said.
Rakesh Gupta (40), an executive of Shrachi group, was missing since February 10 and his family had lodged a complaint with the police.
His body was found trussed up in a sack on February 11 about 12 km from his home at Baguihati in the district.
Locals had found the bloody sack and had reported to the police.
Additional district magistrate Basab Dasgupta said primary investigation revealed that the man was strangulated and the body bore its marks at the neck.
No arrests were yet made and the body was handed over to the family after post mortem.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The petitioner had moved the high court in January this year after she was declared ineligible for admission to an undergraduate medical course as her left hand was amputated.
- Police said the killer slit the elderly woman's throat with a sharp weapon.
- "I did not learn Tamil. It is such a beautiful language, which is popular all over the world," the prime minister said.
- The rising demand for the ‘war room’ also coincides with the shrinking real estate space for the Congress in the national capital.
- Gandhi has on several occasions attacked the government over the three farm laws, alleging that they are intended to benefit "handful of PM Modi’s friends".
- The victims was being treated at Shri Maharaja Hari Singh hospital in Srinagar where he was on ventilator.
- Mann Ki Baat is also being aired live on the All India Radio, Doordarshan, Narendra Modi mobile app and the YouTube channels of AIR, DD News, PMO and the Union information and broadcasting ministry.
- The forest clearance is the latest in a long line of clearances that have been granted for the project