China protests PM visit to Arunachal
China has taken exception to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's assertion that Arunachal Pradesh belongs to India and lodged a protest over it.
China has conveyed to India that it was not proper to make such comments at a time when the two countries were engaged in talks over the boundary question, sources said.
They did not specify when and where the informal protest was lodged.
Singh, during his visit to Itanagar last week, had said that Arunachal was "our land of rising sun", in a clear message that the state belongs to India.
China has been laying claim over large parts of the state and the two countries are holding talks to resolve the issue.
The Special Representatives of the two countries are working out a solution as per the Political Parameters and Guiding Principles.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Earlier this month, CBI in the first charge-sheet in the case had named BSF Commandant Satish Kumar and Murshidabad-based businessman Enamul Haque along with five others for their alleged involvement in cattle smuggling across the India-Bangladesh border.
- The bench, also comprising Justices L Nageswara Rao and S Ravindra Bhat apart from Chief Justice of India (CJI) SA Bobde were of the view that magistrates should play a more “intrusive” role in investigation.
- Police said the accused and the victim were in a relationship for a year, but of late she had been avoiding him.
- The national carrier at present is operating only special passenger trains since the curbs on lockdown were eased. Regular passenger trains have been suspended since March 25, 2020.
- Both the casualties took place due to IED blasts.
- The BJP unit has also been at loggerheads with the ruling Meghalaya Democratic Alliance (MDA) dispensation with its chief Earnest Mawrie accusing it of anomalies in governance.
- Shahjahanpur’s superintendent of police S Anand, SP, denied reports that the girl was burnt after a failed rape attempt
- An expert team is trying to drain out the lake to prevent another tragedy like the Chamoli flash flood.
- The tribal fair draws devotees not only from Telangana, but also from other states like Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh.
- The notice released by the state government stated “All passengers coming to West Bengal from the aforementioned 4 states shall mandatorily carry a covid negative RT-PCR report for such test conducted within 72 hours of flight departure.”
- The police said they were ascertaining the identities and affiliation of the two terrorists.