China reports another case of SARS
China on Saturday announced a new confirmed case of SARS, but said the patient has already been discharged from a hospital.india Updated: Apr 14, 2004 13:06 IST
China's Health Ministry on Saturday announced a new confirmed case of SARS, but said the patient has already been discharged from a hospital.
The case was discovered in China's southern Guangdong province -- where Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome first appeared in November 2002 -- the official Xinhua News Agency said. No details were given.
Last week, the last of China's three confirmed SARS patients reported so far this season was pronounced recovered like the other two and released from a hospital. All were from Guangzhou, the capital of Guangdong province.
Mainland China reported 349 of the world's 774 SARS deaths during last year's outbreak.
First Published: Jan 31, 2004 13:47 IST