‘Cops falsely implicated 2 in UP blasts’
The All India Muslim Personal Law Board has accused UP police of falsely implicating two persons in the serial blasts on court premises, reports M Hasan.Updated: Jan 01, 2008 03:47 IST
The All India Muslim Personal Law Board has accused the Uttar Pradesh police of falsely implicating two persons in the serial blasts on three court premises in the state.
Maulana Mohammed Tariq Qasmi and Maulana Mohammed Khalid, alleged Harkat-Ul Jehadi Islami militants, were arrested on the morning of December 22.
But senior vice-chairman of the Muslim law board, Kalbe Sadiq, members Naib Imam Eidgah Maulana Khalid Rashid, Zafaryab Jilani as well as leaders of some other minority organisations have sent a memorandum to the principal secretary J.N. Chamber demanding investigation by a high court judge. The memorandum was sent to the home department last week.
“We have, so far, not received any communication from the government,” Khalid Rashid said on Monday.
Chamber, however, denied receiving any such letter. “I don't remember anybody giving me any memorandum,” he said, adding that the police were investigating the case.
At the time of announcing the arrest, Additional Director General of Police (STF) Brijlal said RDX weighing 1.25 kg, six detonators, nine ammonium nitrate rods, four cell phones and a SIM card were seized from them.
The police claimed that Tariq and Khalid were arrested near Barabanki on December 22, but the memorandum said: “The police picked up Tariq in Sarai Mir (Azamgarh) on December 12 when he was going to see the preparation of Tablighi ijtima in the village of Sherwan.” Residents had informed the Azamgarh administration about his arrest and an FIR was filed on December 14, the memorandum said. The letter alleged the police had shown on paper that Tariq was arrested from Barabanki nine days later.