Eclectic mix of students at IIM Rohtak
There is an eclectic mix of students in the fourth batch at the Indian Institute of Management, Rohtak (IIM-R). Among the 152 students enrolled are a writer, pharmacist, mathematics teacher and vocalist.india Updated: Jul 14, 2013 19:08 IST
There is an eclectic mix of students in the fourth batch at the Indian Institute of Management, Rohtak (IIM-R). Among the 152 students enrolled are a writer, pharmacist, mathematics teacher and vocalist.
Rahul, a mechanical engineer from NIT, Jamshedpur, has authored a book 'Amidst the Showers', which saw a print run of more than 400 copies and is available for sale on Flipkart.
Vinu S Gowda is a qualified dentist from Bangalore and had also served in a corporate hospital before joining IIM-R. He said: "A postgraduate diploma in management from IIM-R will help me explore wider career options in the booming healthcare industry."
Kangkana Datta, an entrepreneur from Assam, is a trained vocalist in classic music and has performed for Prasar Bharati and All India Radio before joining IIM-R.
Achla Chaudhary from Mumbai was an entrepreneur dealing in home-made chocolates and chocolate bouquets. She said: "At present, the project has been put on hold but I would resume it after completion of my degree from IIM-R."
Pruthvi Aala from Hyderabad was earning around Rs 50,000 per month from her small venture started in January this year with an initial investment of Rs 2 lakh. Aala said: "I was a senior programmer at Accenture, Hyderabad, when I started a frankie stall at Hyderabad. Within three months the venture started paying rich dividends."
On account of constituent of fresher against experienced entrants, 47% of the students have experience of working in industry, while remaining 53% students are freshers in the fourth batch.
Notably, the youngest IIM of country recently received accolades from all quarters for having maximum number of female students in its fourth batch, barring IIM-Kozikode, Kerala.
First Published: Jul 14, 2013 19:07 IST