Emirates to launch Airbus A380 service to US
The United Arab Emirates-based air carrier Emirates would launch its Airbus A380 commercial service on the Dubai-New York route on August 1, WAM news agency reported on Tuesday.
The 14-hour non-stop flight would be the first commercial A380 service to the US.
"The Americas represent a key focus area in Emirates' route development plans, and we are delighted to be the first airline to launch commercial A380 services to the continent,” said Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al-Maktoum, chairman and chief executive, Emirates Airline.
“We are confident that Emirates' customers travelling to and from North America will welcome the A380's additional space and capacity," he added.
Emirates plans to deploy the A380 on one of its twice-daily Dubai-New York flights.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The DoPT is the nodal ministry for the CBI and any administrative action against Class-I gazetted officers (DSPs) is approved by it while the CBI Director has powers to suspend Inspectors and below rank officers.
- The CM said that policies have been simplified and they would be further eased to help those wanting to contribute to Bihar’s progress in different ways.
- Billed as Asia’s oldest and India’s biggest festival, IFFI is being held in Goa since 2004. This year the festival will open with the Indian premiere of the movie ‘Another Round’ by Thomas Vinterberg.
- Glitches were reported from some districts from states including Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Uttarkhand.
- According to the police, the encounter took place between Kutru and Ketulnar jungles on Saturday evening.