Gas leak in Rajasthan; one dead, 70 ill

A man dies and 70 others develop respiratory problems after inhaling chlorine gas that leaked from a factory in Kota.
HT Image
HT Image
Published on Oct 22, 2006 11:07 PM IST
Copy Link
None | By Press Trust of India, Jaipur

A man died and 70 others developed respiratory problems after inhaling chlorine gas that leaked from a factory in Kota, police sources said on Sunday.

Forty-six of those who took ill following the leak late last night were admitted to MBS hospital in Kota and rest to private hospitals, sources said adding, all of them are reported to be out of danger.

The dead man's wife has filed an FIR against the owner of the factory in Chambal industrial area, alleging that her husband Gopal Mehra died after inhaling chlorine gas that leaked from Vishal Kantek factory, which cleaned and repaired tankers.

The affected people lived in areas surrounding the factory while Mehra, who was passing by the factory on his way home, died of suffocation, sources said.

No arrests have been made yet and police are investigating the matter, they said.

SHARE THIS ARTICLE ON
Close Story
SHARE
Story Saved
OPEN APP
×
Saved Articles
My Reads
Sign out
New Delhi 0C
Sunday, October 24, 2021