Gas leak in Rajasthan; One dead, 70 ill
Forty-six of those who took ill were admitted to MBS hospital in Kota and rest to private hospitals.india Updated: Oct 22, 2006 17:12 IST
A man died and 70 others developed respiratory problems after inhaling chlorine gas that leaked from a factory in Kota on Sunday, police said.
Forty-six of those who took ill were admitted to MBS hospital in Kota and rest to private hospitals, sources said adding all of them are reported to be out of danger.
The dead man's wife has filed an FIR against the owner of the factory in Chambal industrial area, alleging that her husband Gopal Mehra died after inhaling chlorine gas that leaked from Vishal Kantek factory, which cleaned and repaired tankers.
The affected people lived in areas surrounding the factory while Mehra, who was passing by the factory on his way home, died of suffocation, sources said.
No arrests have been made yet and police are investigating the matter, they said.
First Published: Oct 22, 2006 14:37 IST