Get the latest scoop
Beat the escalating, punishing heat desi style this season, as Indianised ice creams fill cups and cones around the city.
Calcutta meetha paan
The shiny new Ice Cream Works parlours bring some of their parent brand Cream Centre's traditional touch into their concoctions. Go all out and get the 'rich rabdi' topping on your Calcutta meetha paan ice cream, which is stuffed with tiny bits of the actual leaf to give it texture.
Where: Ice Cream Works, outlets at Chowpatty and Sivaji Park
Cost: Rs 38 for a small-sized scoop
Also available: Gajar almond halwa and pista badam chikki flavours
Call: 236 90104
Holi's so last month, but Natural's makes it come alive all year round with their version of the festival's favourite beverage, in one thick, smooth scoop. Who doesn't need thandai in the scorching summer?
Where: Natural's ice cream, all outlets
Cost: Rs 35 for a small-sized scoop
Call: 220 27426
A favourite city prank that Mumbaiites guard gleefully, the green chilli ice cream at Bachelor's Juice House looks inconspicuous, like plain old vanilla ice-cream. However, digging in will let loose a unique struggle of fire and ice struggle in your mouth. Be warned.
Also available: Thandai and shahi gulab flavours
Where: Bachelor's Juice House, Chowpatty Sea Face.
Cost: Rs 30 for a single scoop
Call: 236 82211
A summer staple in coastal areas down south, the refreshing kokum sherbet will launch as an icy sorbet on April 9 at Gelato Italiano. Later in the month, the brand will also introduce flavours like kala khatta and kacchi kairi.
Where: All Gelato Italiano outlets
Cost: Rs 30 for a single scoop
Call: 672 54376
Tucked away behind a camouflaging general store at Carter Road, Aloha sells paletaz or gourmet popsicles usually found in Mexico, using real fruit for flavouring.
Some of the flavours include strawberry cheesecake which comes with a cake crust-end, 'Fruitilicious' which holds real pieces of kiwi, strawberry, tangerine and blueberry on a lemongrass base, an alphonso mango cheesecake popsicle and an apple, cinnamon and rosemary flavour.
Where: Carter Road, Bandra. Aloha will open under the name 'Frugurpop' at R-City Mall, Ghatkopar, next week.
Cost: Rs 40 onward
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- A candidate questioned by MPPEB allowed a tainted company to conduct the exam. The same company was blacklisted by UP after a question paper of recruitment exam for sub-inspectors got leaked in 2017, he alleged.
- Justice Gautam Patel on Tuesday heard a defamation suit filed by model and actor Sakshi Malik against Venkateshwara Creations Pvt Ltd for allegedly using her photograph without permission in their movie.
- With today’s vaccination, the President joins the ranks of statesmen and politicians who have gotten vaccinated since the second phase of vaccination started on March 1.
- The Chief Minister appealed to all eligible people to come forward and get themselves vaccinated.
- The amendment also empowers the Central government to auction mines, which the states have failed to auction. Of the 143 such mines listed for auctioning, states have auctioned only 7 since 2015, the amendment said.
- Here are today’s top news, analysis, and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.