Good Friday for Nasir, returns home today
Nasir Sultan, the Pakistani teenager who had crossed over to India without valid documents, will return home on Friday, reports Harjinder Sidhu.india Updated: Nov 20, 2008 23:56 IST
Nasir Sultan, the Pakistani teenager who had crossed over to India without valid documents, will return home on Friday.
According to information available with the Hindustan Times, the Union Home Ministry has written to the Punjab principal secretary (home), stating, “Pakistani national Nasir Sultan is required to be repatriated to his country on November 21 (Friday). He should be sent to Wagah/Attari under police protection, where he would be handed over to Pakistani Rangers at 1.30 pm.”
“My heart feels like it will burst with happiness. I don’t have words to express my joy,” the 15-year-old, who crossed the border on August 16 chasing a dream career in Bollywood, said at the Faridkot juvenile home where he had been lodged.
The boy from North West Frontier Province can’t wait to hug his mother. “She must have suffered the most. I will fall at her feet and beg for forgiveness for running away,” he said.
Faridkot Deputy Commissioner V.K. Meena said all arrangements have been completed to send Nasir home on Friday.
HT highlighted Nasir’s plea on October 26, calling on India to show some heart and release the boy. It carried out a campaign for his release following which the police declared him innocent and withdrew all charges.
First Published: Nov 20, 2008 23:53 IST