Gurgaon: BPO girl in credit card fraud
The police have arrested a 24-year-old woman - a former BPO worker - who stole the credit card details of the company's clients and used them to shop online for goods worth lakhs of rupees.
Arti Gupta told the police she committed the fraud as she wanted to shop for her marriage a few months down the line. The shopping list included watches, cakes and electronics gadgets.
The Tilak Nagar resident had worked with Convergys in DLF City here for two years and quit five months back. She saved the card details of clients from Australia, the UK and US in her cellphone. She had an accomplice - a man working with another BPO - who is absconding. The police suspect there is a third accomplice, a girl.
One victim, an Australian citizen, was duped of Rs 2.38 lakh.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The states of Goa, Chhattisgarh, Bihar, Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh have not imposed any travel restrictions so far.
- Nadda claimed that since the BJP was working to carry the country forward, therefore, those with the opportunity to work in the BJP were lucky
- Co-Win's citizen self-registration module will ensure fool-proof identification of deserving candidates for receiving the vaccines, the government has said.
- The prices of petrol and diesel in New Delhi on Monday stood at ₹91.17 per litre and ₹81.47 per litre respectively.
- The decision to bring in a slew of new rules to help the state curb the rising number of cases was taken by Punjab chief minister Amarinder Singh after a meeting with health experts and senior officers on February 23.
- Here are today’s top news, analysis, and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
- Protest enters Day 96, stalemate continues between protesting farmers' unions and Centre.