Harman and Priyanka to clash at box office
Their first film together, Love Story 2050, didn't set the cash counters ringing.
But going by the trade buzz, Priyanka Chopra and Harman Baweja will once again be wooing the box-office on the same day but in different films.
While Chopra has two releases, Karan Johar's Dostana and Madhur Bhandarkar's Fashion, lined up for November 14, ‘good friend' Baweja too will be going ‘Howzzat!' with his cricket-centric Victory that Friday .
At the unveiling of the first the atrical promos of Fashion last Wednesday, the film's director and co-producer, Madhur Bhandarkar affirmed that Fashion was ‘coming' on November 14.
When quizzed on the ‘clash' with Johar's Dostana and Baweja's Victory, he said, "We had fixed our date a couple of months ago. I haven't spoken to anyone about the other two releases yet. Let's see if we can work things out amicably ."
Johar however seems set on the date. But Baweja isn't too keen on fighting it out with his girlfriend's films. "Obviously, a clash with Priyanka's films is the last thing I'd want
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Sangma said the mineral, weighing truckloads, which were dumped in a scattered manner, were being tallied.
- ‘Khukuri’ a brand of Nepalese cigarette has captured the market in the border areas of US Nagar, Champawat and Pithoragarh. Over 90% of smokers prefer to purchase and smoke this not due to taste but its cheap prices, said an official.
- In 2016, the Supreme Court had placed a ban on animal fights during religious and cultural festivals.
- Air quality had remained in the poor to very poor category since the beginning of January owing to low temperatures. On January 8, the AQI was the worst at 317 (very poor) for this year.
- For the first time, TMC’s youth unit president and chief minister Mamata Banerjee’s nephew Abhishek Banerjee stepped in to solve the crisis. He sent party spokesperson Kunal Ghosh to bring Roy to his office on Camac Street in south Kolkata and held a two-hour meeting on Friday.
- To meet Shah’s target of winning more than 200 of Bengal’s 294 assembly seats in 2021, the BJP has put together its biggest election machinery in the eastern state.
- More than 12,000 doses of the vaccine have reached Ladakh of which around 4,000 have been earmarked for armed forces personnel to protect them from Covid-19, the officials said speaking on condition of anonymity.
- MPW workers demand promotion and cadre-restructuring.
- Choudhury's comments came after the TMC had on Wednesday said the Congress and the Left should support Banerjee in her fight against the BJP, a suggestion rejected by the two parties.