India to brief IAEA Board on July 18
Even before it faces the confidence vote in Lok Sabha, the government will brief IAEA Board of Governors in Vienna on July 18 on India-specific safeguards agreement which the Board is likely to discuss on August 1 to help implementation of the Indo-US nuclear deal.
India on Monday informed the 35 member-countries on the Board of Governors about the July 18 briefing, IAEA sources said on Monday.
The invitation for the briefing on the safeguards, initialled by India and IAEA on July 7, was sent out by Indian Ambassador to Austria Saurabh Kumar.
A senior official of External Affairs Ministry is leaving for Vienna on Wednesday to attend the briefing. He was given a brief on his Vienna assignment by top officials on Monday in New Delhi.
A crucial meeting of IAEA Board of Governors to build a consensus on India-specific safeguards accord essential to help implement Indo-US nuclear deal has been postponed from its tentative date of July 28 and is likely to be held on August 1, the sources said.
They said informal consultations among 35 members of IAEA Board of Governors were on seeking the consensus and a formal meeting is likely on August 1.
The safeguards agreement was circulated among all 144 member-countries of the world body on the same day.
The document was put on the website of the Ministry of External Affairs, a day after the Left parties accused the government of refusing to make it public.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- All ten vaccination centres across the city sported colourful curtains and were decorated with flowers. Some centres at BYL Nair hospital and Covid-19 jumbo centre at Bandra Kurla Complex also placed selfie spots with ‘I got my Covid-19 vaccine’ message in the backdrop.
- In its response, BKU-Lokshakti through its advocate AP Singh told the Court that the Delhi Police application was unnecessary as Section 144 of Criminal Procedure Code is already in place in central Delhi which restricts gathering of five or more persons.
- The health ministry on Saturday said that close to 200,000 people were vaccinated on Day 1 of the drive.
- The Santacruz station of the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) recorded a minimum temperature of 16.6 degrees Celsius, a degree below normal. This is the second lowest minimum temperature recorded this season following a mercury drop to 16 degrees Celsius on December 22 last year.
- The DoPT is the nodal ministry for the CBI and any administrative action against Class-I gazetted officers (DSPs) is approved by it while the CBI Director has powers to suspend Inspectors and below rank officers.
- The CM said that policies have been simplified and they would be further eased to help those wanting to contribute to Bihar’s progress in different ways.
- Billed as Asia’s oldest and India’s biggest festival, IFFI is being held in Goa since 2004. This year the festival will open with the Indian premiere of the movie ‘Another Round’ by Thomas Vinterberg.