Jet launches service to China
Naresh Goyal-spearheaded Jet Airways has become the first Indian private air-carrier to operate a service to China by launching its Mumbai-Shanghai- San Francisco flight in Mumbai on Saturday.
"With the introduction of the maiden service to San Francisco via Shanghai, we continue our airline's unprecedented expansion throughout North America," airline's Executive Director Saroj Datta said at the launch of the flight at the Mumbai International Airport.
This is the fourth new long-haul route started by Jet Airways to North America in less than one year.
Jet currently operates to 60 destinations across India and overseas. New York (JFK and Newark), Toronto, Brussels, London, Hong Kong, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Abu Dhabi, Kuwait, Bahrain, Doha and Muscat are some of the major international destinations the airlines operate to.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Since the last four days, Srinagar and other parts of Kashmir are observing freezing temperatures and a cold wave.
- The aim is to provide a level-playing field in media and a platform to redress public grievances against digital media
- Razdan said she has lodged a complaint with the police and requested “immediate steps to identify, apprehend and prosecute perpetrators of this abominable attack".
- Srinivasan had been on several long bike tours and expeditions, travelling to 36 countries and several continents, including America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
- While Hindi and English have been mostly used during the proceedings of the House, members preferring to speak in the 21 other scheduled Indian languages has increased to over five times per sitting in 2020 compared to the 14-year period between 2004-17.