JSW Steel to invest Rs 5,000 cr
JSW Steel said on Friday that it planned to invest Rs 5,000 crore to expand its steel plant capacity to 7 million tonnes per annum (mtpa).
"The company proposes to expand capacity of steel plant from 3.8 mtpa to 7 mtpa at an estimated cost of Rs 5,000 crore," JSW Steel Vice Chairman and Managing Director Sajjan Jindal told reporters.
JSW would also set up cold rolling mill complex with a capacity of one million tpa with an estimated investment of Rs 1,000 crore, he added.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The national carrier at present is operating only special passenger trains since the curbs on lockdown were eased. Regular passenger trains have been suspended since March 25, 2020.
- Both the casualties took place due to IED blasts.
- The BJP unit has also been at loggerheads with the ruling Meghalaya Democratic Alliance (MDA) dispensation with its chief Earnest Mawrie accusing it of anomalies in governance.
- Shahjahanpur’s superintendent of police S Anand, SP, denied reports that the girl was burnt after a failed rape attempt
- An expert team is trying to drain out the lake to prevent another tragedy like the Chamoli flash flood.
- The tribal fair draws devotees not only from Telangana, but also from other states like Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh.
- The notice released by the state government stated “All passengers coming to West Bengal from the aforementioned 4 states shall mandatorily carry a covid negative RT-PCR report for such test conducted within 72 hours of flight departure.”
- The police said they were ascertaining the identities and affiliation of the two terrorists.
- The research says the average compensation paid for human death in the country is ₹1,91,437, and the average compensation paid for injury is ₹6,185.
- India’s “right of reply” to the Pakistani minister’s speech was delivered by Seema Pujani, second secretary in the permanent mission to the UN.
- Despite the bail, Pradeep Panigrahy will not be released from prison as three other cases of fraud have been filed by the people of Ganjam district.