Today in New Delhi, India
Apr 19, 2019-Friday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Judicial custody for Pandher, Koli extended

CBI court on Wednesday remanded Pandher and his domestic aide Koli, accused in Nithari killings, to judicial custody for 14 days.

india Updated: Apr 11, 2007 17:58 IST

The designated Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court on Wednesday remanded Noida businessman Moninder Singh Pandher and his domestic aide Surinder Koli, accused in the Nithari serial killings, to judicial custody for 14 more days.

The duo was produced in the court of Additional Sessions Judge Sapna Mishra a day after the investigating agency filed its second chargesheet in the string of gruesome cases of rape and killings of at least 20 young women and children at Nithari village near Noida in Uttar Pradesh.

The court also extended the judicial custody of dismissed police sub-inspector Simranjeet Kaur, who allegedly colluded with the two accused to shield them from the clutches of law.

After the court proceedings, Pandher told reporters: "God will help me as I did nothing."

The investigating agency filed the first chargesheet on March 22 in which Koli was named the main accused for the murder of Payal, 26, and Pandher was virtually exonerated from the charges of rape and killings.

It was Payal's murder that had actually led to the unravelling of the macabre killings in Nithari village.

In the second chargesheet too, Pandher was spared and CBI charged Koli with abduction, rape and murder of 20-year-old Pinki Sarkar.

According to CBI Joint Director Arun Kumar, there is no strong evidence against Pandher, who faces the charge of indulging in immoral trafficking and bribing Simranjeet Kaur.

Pandher and Koli are accused in the sexual abuse and murder of at least 20 children and young women after skeletal remains of the victims were first discovered from a sewer behind Pandher's Noida flat on Dec 29. In the next few days, more than 20 human skulls and bones were discovered from the drain.

The CBI has registered 19 cases so far after taking over the investigations from the Noida police on Jan 10.

First Published: Apr 11, 2007 16:53 IST