Just Dial is a monopoly
Though Just Dial is part of the service industry, it's a unique concept and the company virtually enjoys a monopoly in the Indian market. In the years following globalisation, Just Dial has grown by leaps and bounds, attracting even foreign investors. According to Mani, Just Dial has 1.3 crore unique users, which is just about one per cent of the country's population. The growth potential is immense. On a year-on year basis the company is looking at a whopping 50 per cent growth. Till last year, it has grown at the rate of 45 per cent. The company is looking at "wider usage (which means more and more people across the country calling up Just Dial) and "deeper usage" (callers dialling up more frequently for various kinds of services). The company's revenues largely depend on the small and medium enterprises.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- All ten vaccination centres across the city sported colourful curtains and were decorated with flowers. Some centres at BYL Nair hospital and Covid-19 jumbo centre at Bandra Kurla Complex also placed selfie spots with ‘I got my Covid-19 vaccine’ message in the backdrop.
- In its response, BKU-Lokshakti through its advocate AP Singh told the Court that the Delhi Police application was unnecessary as Section 144 of Criminal Procedure Code is already in place in central Delhi which restricts gathering of five or more persons.
- The health ministry on Saturday said that close to 200,000 people were vaccinated on Day 1 of the drive.
- The Santacruz station of the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) recorded a minimum temperature of 16.6 degrees Celsius, a degree below normal. This is the second lowest minimum temperature recorded this season following a mercury drop to 16 degrees Celsius on December 22 last year.
- The DoPT is the nodal ministry for the CBI and any administrative action against Class-I gazetted officers (DSPs) is approved by it while the CBI Director has powers to suspend Inspectors and below rank officers.
- The CM said that policies have been simplified and they would be further eased to help those wanting to contribute to Bihar’s progress in different ways.
- Billed as Asia’s oldest and India’s biggest festival, IFFI is being held in Goa since 2004. This year the festival will open with the Indian premiere of the movie ‘Another Round’ by Thomas Vinterberg.