Kalmadi ready for probe, says CBI didn't find anything incriminating
Sacked CWG Organising Committee Chairman Suresh Kalmadi on Saturday claimed that the CBI officers, who conducted searches at his premises in the city recently, did not find anything incriminating against him.
"CBI officials came to my place. But what have they found? They could find only that is recorded in income tax returns filed by me. They have found nothing against me," the Congress MP, who returned last night from Bangkok, said while addressing party workers here.
Maintaining that he would cooperate with the investigating agency, probing the alleged irregularities in the conduct of the Delhi Games, Kalmadi said, "Everything is fine. I am ready for any enquiry and will answer all questions."
He said that he received letters of appreciation from all over the world following the successful hosting of the Commonwealth Games.
The Congress MP under scanner said the staging of CWG also led to improvement of Delhi as a city with creation of infrastructure.
He said he was not "missing" as speculated in a section of media and asserted that he would not do anything that would bring disrepute to Pune, the city which he represents in the Parliament.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Those entering India can be granted refugee status, but they will be deported if the government decides against it
- The 50-odd pages document, anchored by the national security adviser’s office, is now awaiting the approval from the Prime Minister’s office before it is released.
- Delhi, which gave shots to 1,679 people per million population in the second phase till Wednesday night, was in the second spot, while Odisha (1,283 doses per million) was third
- The scenes that caused offence have since been deleted, and the makers as well as the OTT company have apologised.
- The medical fitness team of the Army tested close to 615 women SSC officers entitled for permanent commission, following the apex court judgment, on five counts: psychiatry, height, appendage (bone structure), physical and eye and ear.
- The EOL report has calculated its overall scores on the basis of four parameters: quality of life, economic ability, sustainability and citizen perception.
- Bengaluru, India’s technology capital, is an economic powerhouse on account of the presence of some of the world’s largest corporations.
- K Surendran, the state BJP president who made the original announcement claimed he was quoted out of context.
- The biosphere reserve spread over an area of 5569 sq km contributes 38% of the total protected area network in Odisha. It is also one of the oldest tiger reserves in the country having the largest zone of Sal trees.
- For the first time, junior commissioned officers (JCOs) and jawans are taking part in the top conference, as reported by Hindustan Times on Wednesday.
- According to the IMD's forecast, Friday and Saturday may see higher daytime temperatures that could rise to 39 degrees Celsius.