Mah to challenge MCOCA court's order in Malegaon blast case
Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan has said the Govt would challenge in Supreme Court, the special court's decision of dropping the stringent MCOCA invoked against 11 accused in 2008 Malegaon bomb blast case.india Updated: Aug 02, 2009 13:28 IST
Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan has said the government would challenge in Supreme Court, the special court's decision of dropping the stringent Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) invoked against 11 accused in 2008 Malegaon bomb blast case.
"We would initiate MCOCA against those involved in terrorist activities irrespective of caste and religion of the accused," Chavan said addressing a party rally in Pune last night.
He said the government would not remain a mute spectator to the menace of disruptive tactics of terrorist elements.
Anti Terrorism Squad (ATS) chief K P Raghuvanshi had earlier said the ATS, which has obtained a four week stay, would challenge the special court's order in higher court.
A special court in Mumbai on Friday dropped provisions of the stringent MCOCA invoked against Sadhvi Pragya Singh, Lt Col Prasad S P Purohit and nine other accused in September 29, 2008 Malegaon bomb blast case saying none of them is part of an organized crime syndicate.