Maoists behead man in Orissa: Police
Maoists are suspected to have beheaded a man in Brahmanigaon area of Kandhamal district in Orissa on Sunday, police said.
The headless body with blood splattered at the site was found near Saragudi village under Brahmanigaon police limit, about 135 km from here, they said.
Though the head was missing, the villagers identified the victim as Dakasa Majhi of the same village, they said adding the killing appeared to be the handiwork of Maoists, who are observing "Martyrs Week" since July 28.
Shops and business establishments remained closed and vehicle movement was affected in several parts of Maoist-hit Brahmanigaon area since July 28, police said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The bench of Justices Ashok Bhushan and R Subhash Reddy issued notice to Sivasankar on ED’s plea but refused to stay the HC order. The bench enquired from the counsel for Sivasankar if he was already out of jail.
- The Indian and Pakistani armies have said they began strictly adhering to a ceasefire on the LoC in J-K from the midnight of February 24.
- Here are today’s top news, analysis, and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
- Irani was speaking about ‘Women Power in Democracy', at the Indian Institute of Mass Communication in New Delhi.
- Following an agreement last month on pulling back frontline troops along with armoured vehicles and artillery from strategic heights around Pangong Lake, the two sides have been unable to make progress on disengagement at other friction points such as Depsang, Hot Springs and Gogra.