Marathi actor Vihang Nayak dies in car accident
Veteran Marathi film and television actor Vihang Nayak died in a car accident on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway on Monday. He was 58.
The fatal mishap took place near Kalamboli on the expressway when Nayak was going to Baramati in Pune district to shoot for leading Marathi film director Sanjay Surkar's still untitled film.
The details of the accident are not yet known though there was no collision with another vehicle.
A familiar father-figure in millions of Marathi households through his popular ongoing TV serial Awaghachi Sansar, Nayak was also actively involved in Mumbai's English theatre. He was doing a major role in Bharat Dabholkar's upcoming Hinglish play Ugly aur Pagli.
A civil engineer working for a private firm till recently, Nayak made his foray into acting with his role in Govind Nihalani's Aakrosh (1980). God Only Knows (2004) was another film in which he had played a memorable role.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The NCP demanded a joint parliamentary committee probe into the leaked WhatsApp chats, the Congress sought a probe under the Official Secrets Act and the Shiv Sena said demanded action against Arnab Goswami for breach of internal security.
- Several countries have either signed agreements or are in talks with Serum Institute or Bharat Biotech, including Bangladesh, Brazil, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and Morocco.
- Long weekends around Republic Day, Good Friday, Holi, Janmashtami, Dussehra and Christmas are expected to see significant interest from travellers.
- NIA officials said that most of the people who appeared before the agency in the last few days, have been examined as “witnesses”.
- The family of nomads had been living in a ramshackle shed covered with tarpaulin and polythene in a forest area of Devsar in Kulgam district.