Marathi actor Vihang Nayak dies in car accident
Veteran Marathi film and television actor Vihang Nayak died in a car accident on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway on Monday. He was 58.
The fatal mishap took place near Kalamboli on the expressway when Nayak was going to Baramati in Pune district to shoot for leading Marathi film director Sanjay Surkar's still untitled film.
The details of the accident are not yet known though there was no collision with another vehicle.
A familiar father-figure in millions of Marathi households through his popular ongoing TV serial Awaghachi Sansar, Nayak was also actively involved in Mumbai's English theatre. He was doing a major role in Bharat Dabholkar's upcoming Hinglish play Ugly aur Pagli.
A civil engineer working for a private firm till recently, Nayak made his foray into acting with his role in Govind Nihalani's Aakrosh (1980). God Only Knows (2004) was another film in which he had played a memorable role.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Dozens of Rohingya are in a makeshift "holding centre" at Jammu's Hira Nagar jail after local authorities conducted biometric and other tests on hundreds of people to verify their identities.
- The 10-member team will commence the journey from the misty mountains of Arunachal Pradesh at Bomdila and will then enter Bhutan.
- In a letter to the Cubbon Park police station, Dinesh Kalahalli said that the complaint had taken a sinister turn wherein the character of the alleged victim was being questioned.
- The police headquarters took action after a picture of the man walking with his son's decomposed body in a plastic bag was widely shared on social media.
- Omar Abdullah chided BJP's Suvendu Adhikari who was quoted a saying the "Bengal will become like Kashmir" if the Trinamool Congress returns to power in the assembly election.
- Two hundred kg of cocaine and 60 kg of hashish were seized from the boats registered in Sri Lanka