Million Corners of Mumbai
Million Corners of Mumbaiindia Updated: Jan 11, 2012 01:29 IST
Million Corners of Mumbai Terms & Conditions
1. These Terms & Conditions are the complete and exclusive statements of the understanding between HT Media Ltd (HTML) & the Participant and apply to “Million Corners of Mumbai” a Contest organized by HTML on the Facebook page of No TV Day (www.facebook.com/htnotvday) and microsite (www.notvday.in). It supersedes all the understanding or other prior understanding, whether oral & written, and all representation or other communications between the HTML & the Participant. Participation in the contest amounts to acceptance of these terms & conditions.
2. The contest shall run from 5th Jan 2012 to 24th Jan 2012 - for residents of Mumbai, Thane and Navi Mumbai
3. Participation in the Contest is purely voluntary and participants can send in their entries and can upload their pictures related to Mumbai for “Million Corners of Mumbai” on the Facebook page www.facebook.com/htnotvday or microsite www.notvday.in. No entry fee is payable for participation in the Contest. Entries are possible only by means of pictures and no other means
4. The Participant must ensure to mention the following particulars in his/her entry:
• Email ID
• Consent for No TV Day to access Facebook account details
Each participant can upload a maximum of 10 pictures on the ‘Million Corners of Mumbai’ application. Participant can replace the pictures uploaded but the likes received on the replaced picture cannot be retained.
Winners would be determined depending on the total number of votes (likes received) garnered by a particular user for the pictures uploaded. 2 mega prize winners would be announced depending on the total number of votes or likes received.
The prizes for the top 2 winners would be a helicopter ride on No TV Day. Each winner would be allowed to bring a partner or companion for the ride. The companion chosen for the ride would depend on the winner.
For remaining winners, depending on the number of votes, 7 winners would be handed digital cameras, 8 winners would be given mobile phones and 15 Nike vouchers would be given.
Participants to ensure that, the “Pictures or Photos” are original/ unique in it self and is not copied or sourced from third party sources. If two or more entries are found similar, then HTML reserved the right to reject/disqualify such Entries. Further, if due to copy of the idea of some third party, any claim in relation thereto is raised against HTML, then the concerned participant shall indemnify HTML and its Directors, employees etc. against any claim of whatsoever nature.
5. The contest is open for residents of India only residing in ‘MUMBAI’, ‘Thane’ and ‘Navi Mumbai’ only, who have completed their 18 years or more as on the date of entering/participating in the contest (production of Government accredited date of birth is mandatory).
6. Employees of HTML, sponsors of the prizes, associated agencies and their immediate family members and relatives are not eligible to participate in this contest.
7. HTML shall not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by the winner while participating in the Contest. And any Failure by HTML to enforce any of these Rules in any instance(s) shall not give rise to any claim by any person/participants. Further HTML shall not be responsible in any way for failure/delays of any backend technology and the resultant inability of a reader/participant to send in his/her entry or register/participate in the contest.
8. Only valid entries (as mentioned herein) received by HTML between 6 AM to 10 PM till 23rd Jan 2011 shall be considered eligible for the registration/participation and HTML shall not be responsible for non-receipt of any entry. HTML does not take any responsibility for any errors arising out of incorrect or incomplete entries.
9. At the time of collecting prize, winners shall be required to satisfy HTML that winning entry was sent by him/her by producing appropriate print out of the E-mail/Receipt of Postal entry sent. & photo ID. In case false/fake identification details are submitted, the concerned participant/winner shall be disqualified.
10. Decision of HTML with respect to selection of winners/idea shall be final and binding upon the participants/winners.
11. HTML shall select 2 winners
12. Though HTML shall make every effort to declare the results of the contest on the due date for the prize draws, it shall not be responsible for any delay in announcing winners of the respective prize draws arising out of reasons beyond its control.
13. All entries will be treated as the property of HTML and can be used by HTML for any promotional and / or commercial activity & the participants/winners waive all rights of whatsoever nature in the said entries in favour of HTML by participating in the contest.
14. HTML in its absolute discretion may publicize, broadcast or otherwise disclose a participant’s/winner’s name, particulars, likeness, statements or any recording of their voice in advertising or promotional activities concerning this contest, or generally. HTML may promote or advertise that a winner has won the contest. HTML may also require participants/winners to participate in a photo, video and/or film session and acknowledge that HTML has the absolute and exclusive right to use such publicity photos, videos and/or films in any medium and in any reasonable manner it may deem fit without any consideration or payment of similar nature to such participants/winners.
15. Only the winners shall be informed by HTML in such manner as may be decided by HTML from time to time. And the winner must claim the Prize within 7 days from the date of notification of his/her winning or such other date as may be decided by HTML.
16. The winners of the prizes shall be required to come to the offices of HTML at HT Media, Mahalaxmi Engineering Estate, L J First Cross Road, Mahim(W) 400016 or such other place as HTML may notify, to collect their prizes on presentation Government of India issued proof of identification, photo ID Card/address proof/age proof and print out of the E-mail/Receipt of Postal entry sent . All costs and expenses for collection of prizes shall be borne by winners.
17. The winner is solely responsible for any other expenses, loss or damages related to the acceptance/use of the offer or participation in the contest. Any levies, duties, incidental charges and taxes wherever applicable, shall be borne by the person availing the offer/prize. The winner may submit the proof of depositing the tax due on the prize (on the value of Prize ) (i.e. challan of depositing the tax) at the time of claiming the prize. Alternatively, HTML will be deducting taxes at source as applicable from time to time on the prize (on the value of the prize), therefore, the participant/winner claiming the prize must furnish his/her PAN number while claiming the prize and in absence of PAN number, HTML will not issue any TDS certificate to the winner. In case the Participant/Winner doesn’t have a PAN number, then HTML shall have the discretion to disqualify the Participant/Winner from the Contest.
18. HTML reserves the right to extend the date of the Contest or to cancel, or change the manner in which the contest is organized or discontinue or terminate the contest at any time or to accept or reject any or all entries at their absolute discretion without giving any prior notice and without assigning any reason whatsoever.
19. The prize(s) shall not be transferable or substituted in any other mode except as prescribed herein and no such request shall be entertained by HTML. This offer cannot be clubbed with any other offer.
20. In the event of any winner choosing not to accept a prize(s) or forfeit any and/or all claims qua the prize or if HTML is unable to reach/contact the winner at his/her Contact number/ E-Mail ID from which entries were sent for the contest HTML shall have the absolute discretion to deal with such prize as it deems fit.
21. Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the activity is a violation of Criminal and Civil Laws and should such an attempt be made, HTML reserves the right to seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent permitted by law.
22. The contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India. Any disputes, differences and, or, any other matters in relation to and arising out of the contest and, or, pertaining to the rules and regulations and, or, the Terms and Conditions shall be referred to arbitration under the Arbitration & Conciliation Act, 1996. The arbitral tribunal shall consist of a sole arbitrator to be appointed by HTML. The venue of arbitration shall be at ‘Mumbai’ only.
23. All disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of ‘Mumbai’ Courts only.
First Published: Jan 11, 2012 01:28 IST