Mummy’s day out with you
No doubt she is the greatest cook on earth. But how about changing the cooking equation at home this weekend? Take your dear mother out of her kitchen on Sunday, and head out for a lazy brunch or a relaxed dining experience at any of these restaurants across the Capital.
FIO - Country Kitchen & Bar
There is a complimentary welcome drink and dessert for all mothers, apart from chocolates and other goodies. The place will be decked up with tea-lights, flowers and mist fans.
The Garden of Five Senses
Enjoy the evening with a special mother’s say menu with live stations — Egg Station, Quesadilla Station, and Tacos & Tortas Station. Also treat your mother to a lip-smacking salad with her choice or dressing — Mediterranean Salad, Potato Salad, etc with Cilantro Dressing, Honey Chipotle Dressing, and more. Don’t forget the Mexican rice dishes — Red Mexican Rice, Green Rice, the non-vegetarian delights such as Oven Roasted Chicken, Deep Fried Fish and B B Q Pork Ribs, among many other things.
M 48, Outer Circle, Connaught Place
Cost: Rs 699 (plus taxes)
It’s all about healthy food here. The in-house chef will prepare mouthwatering Lobster Black Pepper, the dulcet Duck Hoisin Plum Sauce, and hot Cantonese X O sauce. Also try out the one free mocktail and dessert on choice.
Emperor’s Kitchen - 1501,
1 Qutab, Mehrauli
The O Experience
Mama darling will be treated to a free dessert if you order from the a la Carte menu. The Rs 399 Yummy Mummy menu has options like Cherry Tomato Basil, O’s Garlic Bread & Mozzarella Harra Kebab, Som Tam served with Thai Spring Roll, Chicken on Caesar Salad served with Multi Grain Garlic Bread, Indian non-vegetarian platter, spicy Jerk Grilled Chicken with and much more.
The O Experience
Basant Lok, Vasant Vihar
Raise a toast to your mother’s health and treat her to a Pink & Red-themed dinner evening at this restaurant. On offer is a special five-course meal starting with sparkling Champagne, followed by Rose Wine and ending with Red Wine. .
The Garden Village,
Gate No. 3, Garden of
5 Senses, Westend Marg,
Said ul Ajaib, Mehrauli
Tel: 9717535533, 9717535544
Cost: Rs 1,300 approx
Treat your mother to some magical drinks prepared by chief bartender Ashok Kumar. The list includes — tangy cocktail spiced with green mango syrup shaken topped with lemonade. Also pamper her to the free desert offer.
B-49, Inner Circle, Connaught Circle
— Compiled by Himadree
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Only around 25,000 spectators will be allowed to witness the parade as compared to the average of 1.15 lakh people every year.
- Republic Day 2021 Live Updates: The Republic Day Parade ceremony will commence with Prime Minister Narendra Modi visiting the National War Memorial.
- The Republic Day Parade ceremony will commence with Prime Minister Narendra Modi visiting the National War Memorial. He will lead the nation in paying tributes to the fallen heroes by laying a wreath.
- The claim, that the portrait was based on Bengali actor Prosenjit Chatterjee, popularly known as Bumba, who played Bose in a 2019 movie, Gumnaami gathered momentum.
- The latest incident took place at Naku La area, which is at a height of over 5,000 metres, on January 20, when Chinese soldiers attempted to intrude into the Indian territory.
- The state government, got adjournments from the high court in the last two hearings citing the pendency of the similar petitions before the Supreme Court.
- The list of Padma awards also comprised 10 Padma Bhushan and 102 Padma Shri recipients.
- On January 8, state election commissioner N Ramesh Kumar released the schedule for elections to be held in four phases