NCP activists attack BJP office in Thane
A mob of NCP activists allegedly attacked the Bharatiya Janata Party's (BJP) office in Thane severely injuring three persons present in the office, police said on Sunday.
A mob of more than 25 NCP activists armed with hockey sticks and iron rods, led by local corporator Milind Patil, attacked the office and injured three BJP activists on Saturday evening, they said.
Those injured in the attack include Yuva Morcha President Sachin Kedare, Sailesh Kadam and Divisional Mandal President Mukesh Shelar. They have been admitted to the Thane civil hospital, they said.
The attack was a fall-out of a demonstration carried out by BJP activists in front of the NCP office at Mumbai in which the effigy of Irrigation Minister Ajit Pawar was burned.
Deputy Mayor Ashok Bhoir and other senior party leaders who rushed to the spot to take stock of the situation, shouted slogans against Pawar and the Deputy Chief Minister RR Patil.
City BJP President Sanjay Waghule, who was present in the office during attack, told newsmen today that the BJP will give a fitting reply if police failed to take action and did not arrest those involved in the incident.
Meanwhile, the Naupada police under whose jurisdiction the office falls, said late this evening that no arrests were made in connection with the incident so far.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The DoPT is the nodal ministry for the CBI and any administrative action against Class-I gazetted officers (DSPs) is approved by it while the CBI Director has powers to suspend Inspectors and below rank officers.
- The CM said that policies have been simplified and they would be further eased to help those wanting to contribute to Bihar’s progress in different ways.
- Billed as Asia’s oldest and India’s biggest festival, IFFI is being held in Goa since 2004. This year the festival will open with the Indian premiere of the movie ‘Another Round’ by Thomas Vinterberg.
- Glitches were reported from some districts from states including Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Uttarkhand.
- According to the police, the encounter took place between Kutru and Ketulnar jungles on Saturday evening.