NIIT-Genpact to set up BPO schools
Software training company NIIT and outsourcing major Genpact have entered into a 75:25 joint venture to set up training institutes in India and overseas.
The move is part of an effort to overcome the growing talent crunch in the industry.
To begin with, the two companies are together investing Rs 25 crore. They plan to set up seven institutes in Gurgaon, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Bangalore, Chennai, Mumbai and Pune in the first year. Centres in China and the Philippines will follow in the second year.
The courses will cover areas like voice, banking, insurance, finance and accounting and will last for four months.
“The IT-enabled services industry employs about 700,000 people and another 1.4 million are expected to be added by 2010,” said Vijay K Thadani, CEO of NIIT. “We hope to make about 15-20 per cent of the 1.4 million workforce employable.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The DoPT is the nodal ministry for the CBI and any administrative action against Class-I gazetted officers (DSPs) is approved by it while the CBI Director has powers to suspend Inspectors and below rank officers.
- The CM said that policies have been simplified and they would be further eased to help those wanting to contribute to Bihar’s progress in different ways.
- Billed as Asia’s oldest and India’s biggest festival, IFFI is being held in Goa since 2004. This year the festival will open with the Indian premiere of the movie ‘Another Round’ by Thomas Vinterberg.
- Glitches were reported from some districts from states including Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Uttarkhand.
- According to the police, the encounter took place between Kutru and Ketulnar jungles on Saturday evening.