Pithampur to find place on international map
PITHAMPUR IS all set to find place on the international automobile manufacturers map when the truck manufacturing joint venture facility of MAN Nuzfahrzeuge AG and Force Motors Limited would be inaugurated there tomorrow.
In this regard, about 62 Germans, most of them senior officials and technical staff of MAN Nutzfahrzeuge AG, Germany, arrived by two chartered flights at the Devi Ahilyabai Holkar Airport here today to a grand Malwi welcome of pomp and splendour.
MAN AG chairman Hakan Samuelsson will inaugurate the facility. A host of politicians including Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Chouhan, Minister of State in the PMO Prithviraj Chavan, German Ambassador to India Bernd Muetzelburg, former chief minister Digvijay Singh, State Industries and Commerce Minister Babulal Gaur and others will also be present on the occasion. Force Motors chairman and managing director Abhay N Foridia will also be present on the occasion.
Earlier, Hakan Samuelsson was welcomed by Abhay Firodia. The other foreign guests were also accorded a traditional welcome. Standing to welcome the foreign guests were elephants, horses and camels. After the welcome, the guests were taken to various hotels.
Later, talking informally to a few reporters, Force Motors Limited chairman cum managing director was quite happy that Pithampur had found a place on the international map and that this facility here would provide better job opportunities to the engineers and technicians. The edge on technology would ensure that the trucks would be pliable no any kind of roads.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- India will also promote tourism by celebrating 2022 as the Visit India Year through a promotion campaign highlighting India’s strengths like heritage, culture, art, wellness and yoga.
- The ADG has constituted teams of police personnel from Aligarh to assist the Hathras police.
- The incident took place on Sunday afternoon, when the girl went to a wheat field, owned by the family of the accused, to collect fodder and water.
- The provisions under the new rules relate to the code of ethics for digital news publishers, setting up of a grievance redressal system and the requirement of disclosure of information to Centre, the ministry said.
- The instrument will support the 3.6 metre Devasthal Optical Telescope (DOT) in Uttarakhand, an official release from the department of science said on Wednesday.
- Lt-Gen BS Raju said a quiet LoC will allow us to address the challenge of terrorism in a focused manner.
- The central agency has registered a case on the basis of an FIR registered by Chennai Economic Offences Wing in September last year.
- Dhyani added that the burden on the ecology due to construction on Himalayan slopes made the region prone to disasters.
- Navlakha claimed in his petition filed through advocate Shadan Farasat that the 90-day period for filing of charge sheet was over and he was entitled to default bail under Section 167(2) of the Code of Criminal Procedure (CrPC).
- Lama was being considered as the GJM candidate for the Kalimpong assembly seat in the coming polls later this month.
- Unhappy with the response, the bench headed by Chief Justice of India (CJI) SA Bobde asked Solicitor General Tushar Mehta to appear in the case along with Additional Solicitor General (ASG) Vikramjeet Banerjee, who presented the note to the Court.
- The officer withdrew his request after an orthopaedic surgeon said his purpose would not be served by buying a horse.