Premiere of The Last Lear called off
The premiere of Amitabh Bachchan starrer The Last Lear was on Wednesday called off after suspected MNS activists attacked a suburban multiplex, which was to host the event.Updated: Sep 11, 2008 00:43 IST
The premiere of Amitabh Bachchan starrer The Last Lear was on Wednesday called off after suspected MNS activists attacked a suburban multiplex, which was to host the event.
"The premiere had been called off due to security reasons. The decision was taken following the attack on multiplex by a small group of miscreants this morning," Shubho Shekhar Bhattarcharjee, CEO of Planman Motion Pictures, producers of the movie, said.
"We do not want our guests to face any problems. We are going to Delhi on Thursday and the premiere will be held there," he said.
When asked whether he apprehends trouble when the film releases on September 12, he said the producers expect the situation to normalise by then.
Miscreants damaged some windows and a light at the ticket counter of the PVR multiplex in suburban Juhu and fled, the spokesperson of the cinema hall said.
"The miscreants are suspected to have attacked the theatre since the premier show of the film The Last Lear with Amitabh Bachchan was to be held there," the spokesperson said.
No arrests have been made in the case yet, police said.
MNS leader Raj Thackeray had on Monday said his party would not allow screening of films starring members of the Bachchan family due to comments made by Jaya Bachchan that he alleged were anti-Maharashtra.