'Rahul should have got involved in govt long ago'
Union Minister Milind Deora has said a lot would have been different for the UPA government and the Congress party if Rahul Gandhi had got into government five years back.
A lot would be different for Rahul also in terms of him being able to say that he has experience, the Minister of State for Communications and IT said.
"What I would have really liked is if Rahul Gandhi got involved in a government a long time ago, like me and like a lot of my other colleagues. I think if he got into government like five yeas ago, when we came back into power in 2009, a lot would be different for our government.
"A lot would be different for our party. A lot would be different for Rahul also, perhaps, in terms of being able to say he has experience," he told NDTV.
However, he said there was no point talking about what happened in hindsight and the bottomline is that Gandhi chose not be in government.
Asked about the allegations levelled by AAP against his father Murli Deora, he said, "I won't stoop down to politics of making personal attacks. I have nothing to hide and I am going to be very open and say look I have provided clean good governance both as a minister and as an MP for people of south Mumbai".
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- For 2020-21, Delhi had pegged budgeted revenue receipts (excluding borrowings) at ₹55,309 crore. Revised estimates for the year will be mentioned in the upcoming budget (2021-22) and actual revenue receipts for the year will reflect in the budget after that.
- Court-appointed amicus curiae senior advocate Siddhartha Dave prepared a chart indicating unsatisfactory response from states as well with some proposing to achieve compliance of Court’s December 2, 2020 order by end of 2023.
- The judgment, which involved approximately ₹500 crore in tax revenue, will impact companies such as IBM India Ltd, Samsung Electronics Co Ltd, Hewlett Packard India, Mphasis Ltd, Sonata Software Ltd, and GE India, among others.
- The girl's family lodged a complaint three day after she went missing.
- Shubhendu Shubham, 23, a 2016-batch student of Patna’s Nalanda Medical College Hospital (NMCH), had taken the first shot of Covaxin in the first week of February, but tested positive for the viral infection later last month before he could take the second shot
- For the past 13 days, the Durga-Nag market at Dalgate in Srinagar has been desolate and locals and traders in grief
- TMC’s leader in the Rajya Sabha Derek O, Brien asked the Election Commission to stop the Prime Minister "from taking unfair advantages and undue publicity at tax payer’s cost during the conduct of elections".