Raja reacts cautiously to SC observation on 2G spectrum case
Under attack for alleged irregularities in allocation of 2G spectrum, Telecom Minister A Raja today reacted cautiously to the Supreme Court's strong observations over CBI's "slipshod" investigations in the case.india Updated: Oct 29, 2010 19:44 IST
Under attack for alleged irregularities in allocation of 2G spectrum, Telecom Minister A Raja on Friday reacted cautiously to the Supreme Court's strong observations over CBI's "slipshod" investigations in the case.
"I have been told by the Department of Telecom that the hearing has been postponed for another date so I would not like to make any comment," Raja said over phone from Chennai.
The Supreme Court on Friday pulled up the CBI for its tardy progress in the investigations into alleged irregularities.
"You (CBI) have not done anything. The matter is serious. The same minister is still continuing. Is that the way Government functions? Do you follow the same standards in other cases? One year has (already) gone by," a bench comprising Justices G S Singhvi and A K Ganguly said.
The CBI has been investigating the case for more than a year and had raided the DoT last year. Besides CBI, the government auditor CAG is also looking into the matter and has put financial loss to the exchequer at a whopping over Rs 1 lakh crore.
First Published: Oct 29, 2010 19:42 IST