Reliance ADAG officials conspired to circumvent DoT policy: HC
Reliance ADAG executives not only created a "web of companies" but also conspired to circumvent the DoT policy to get maximum out of the 2G scam, the Delhi high court on Monday said while refusing them to give them bail in the case.
ADAG Group MD Gautam Doshi, its Group President Surendra Pipara and Vice-President Hari Nair, who were named as accused in the first chargesheet by CBI, were "in league" to achieve the "end of conspiracy" in 2G spectrum scam, Justice Ajit Bharihoke said.
"The charge sheet prima facie discloses that the three top Reliance officials facilitated commission of offence by creating a web of companies with a view to concealing the fact that Swan Telecom, which was floated with the object to achieve the end of the conspiracy, was ineligible to get UAS Licences on the date of application as on the said day, it was controlled by Relaince ADAG," Justice Bharihoke said.
"In order to achieve the end of conspiracy, Hari Nair, in league with Gautam Doshi and Surendra Pipara, falsified the records... Charge sheet reveals that they entered into a criminal conspiracy with the object to enable Reliance ADA Group Companies to get UAS Licences for 13 circles which they were not eligible to get," the court said.
Besides the three, Reliance Communications Ltd is also an accused in the case.
They are accused of creating shell firms like Swan Telecom, Zebra Consultancy Services, Giraffe Consultancy Private Ltd and Parrot Consultants to create a web in which no company is a holding firm and the officials are the real masters, the court said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The IDC is said to be inspired by the Taj Mahal. Microsoft said that its design will amalgamate the company's technological prowess with locally sourced materials. It will feature artworks by local artisans and incorporate features of the Taj, like vaulted doorways, marble inlays and domes, arches.
- On Thursday, the state reported 5771 cases with a test positivity rate (TPR) of 9.87. The active case load is 72,392 and it reported 19 deaths taking the death toll to 3682. Almost 45 per cent of fresh cases of the country are from Kerala.
- The resolution in the Assembly also extended support to the protesting farmers.
- Here are today’s top news, analysis, and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
- Additional Sessions Judge Amitabh Rawat said in a case of conspiracy of such a large scale, not having a video was not so vital as generally conspiracy, by its very nature, is hatched in secrecy and not having videos of such a conspiracy was obvious rather than doubtful.