Cast: Avantikka, Rishi Rehan, Shakti Aawoo
Direction: Rajesh Ram Singh
O lord, see what A Walk in the Baadals has done! This week there are two more spin-offs which could have been titled Met We Jab or Job Ke Liye We Muttoned, Buttoned ke liye We Met. Enough. Lord, tell them to stop, no more jabs, no more mets. Also if Knocked Up, Kya Kehna, Kya Khaana could be spared, it would be a hip-hop-happy world out here. Very Jollywood.
Anyway my dear lord up there in the clouds, producer Pahlaj Nihalani’s Khushboo (which has nothing to do with the cologne he wears) is about this idli-paratha couple. He’s from the south, she’s from Chandigarh. They sleep (together..oiks), she’s pregnant, he wants to leave for a New York career-op but not before he meets her bhangra-pop family. Balle balle shakalaka jhoom boom laka jhaka.
Lord, what’s to be done? Rajesh Ram Singh’s direction lacks fragrance. Vis-a-vis the Cloudpur couple, Avantikka is sassy and spontaneous..but um, Rishi Rehan is anything but. Sorry, this Khushboo leaves you with a blocked nose. Sniff.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The BKU said committee will tour US Nagar district to ensure farmers participation with their tractors in Delhi on Republic Day .
- The BJP leader said the Congress is not interested in resolving the issues pertaining to the farmers and Gandhi’s media address a day before the government and the farmers’ meet shows that the party does not want the talks to be successful.
- The rhino had moved out of the Kaziranga National Park and Tiger Reserve on January 16 at Jakahalabandha area of Kaliabor.
- The glitches in the CoWIN application have affected the vaccination drive in Rajasthan. The second day of the inoculation program saw 11,288 health workers of the 68.7% of targeted beneficiaries, which works out to 5 percentage points less than the first day.
- Biotic interference in Nongkhyllem Wildlife Sanctuary has been significantly reduced, zonation has been done in terms of core and buffer zones and it has a duly notified eco-sensitive zone