'Salman's Ready is a total masala entertainer'
Kumar adds the movie will be ready for release in mid-2011.
Talking to PTI, Bhushan said, Salman plays a happy-go-lucky character in the Anees Bazmee directed flick, which is a remake of a Telugu film.
"It has comedy, drama and action sequences which Salman fans would love," he said.
Bhushan said the film has lots of humour, action and drama. We also have good music. In short, it's a total masala entertainer, he said.
Besides Salman and Asin, the film stars Paresh Rawal, Sudesh Lahiri, Mahesh Manjrekar. Rawal, who had to return to Mumbai following the demise of his mother, has returned to Colombo to join the unit.
Bhushan said it was Salman who prevailed upon him and director Anees Bazmee to consider shooting in Sri Lanka.
"There was a south Indian film which was shot in the island nation. But, in Bollywood, I think we are the first. Sri Lankan government was very helpful with the required permissions at a short notice," he said.
"We wanted a resort, restaurant, beach and a house and we were getting these locations situated in close vicinity in Mauritius. After his return from Sri Lanka, Bhai (Salman) asked us to consider shifting locations to Sri Lanka saying that the locations we are looking for are there in Colombo itself," he said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- None of the students had any symptoms of Covid-19 and when their samples were again subjected to RT-PCR tests, the results were negative.
- Karat was referring to remarks made during the hearing of a plea filed by a public servant, who is accused of repeatedly raping a girl, against the Bombay High Court February 5 order which had cancelled his anticipatory bail.
- Shubham Chaudhuri -- a volunteer with global climate activist group 'Extinction Rebellion' told the court that he has nothing to do with the making of the alleged toolkit and has been implicated in the case.
- A notorious drug dealer, Sunil Howlader, was arrested during the raid. He is a resident of Rasulpur. His SUV was also seized.
- The incident has given the opposition parties more fuel to attack the minister and the BS Yediyurappa-led government in the state.