Shiromani Akali Dal decides to vote against UPA
Putting to rest all speculation on party's stand on the nuclear deal, the Shiromani Akali Dal, which has eight members in the Lok Sabha, on Tuesday said it would vote against the Congress-led UPA government during the trust vote.
"The SAD has a clear-cut policy against the Congress. After detailed discussions, the party has decided not to support the Congress-led government during the trust vote," SAD president Parkash Singh Badal said.
"Our party does not believe in horse-trading. SAD MPs will vote along with the NDA during the confidence vote," the Punjab Chief Minister told meet the press programme in Chandigarh.
He categorically said the party would not abstain from voting, adding "our MPs will not run away from the battlefield."
Badal said the SAD would also not issue any whip as there were no differences among party MPs on the nuke issue.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Uttarakhand's Urban Development Minister Madan Kaushik said green bonus was a major demand of the state for conserving about 71% of its total area.
- The CJI was candid to admit that those appointed to a committee were free to express their views on the subject on which they have been called to consider.
- The BKU said committee will tour US Nagar district to ensure farmers participation with their tractors in Delhi on Republic Day .
- The BJP leader said the Congress is not interested in resolving the issues pertaining to the farmers and Gandhi’s media address a day before the government and the farmers’ meet shows that the party does not want the talks to be successful.
- The rhino had moved out of the Kaziranga National Park and Tiger Reserve on January 16 at Jakahalabandha area of Kaliabor.
- The glitches in the CoWIN application have affected the vaccination drive in Rajasthan. The second day of the inoculation program saw 11,288 health workers of the 68.7% of targeted beneficiaries, which works out to 5 percentage points less than the first day.
- Biotic interference in Nongkhyllem Wildlife Sanctuary has been significantly reduced, zonation has been done in terms of core and buffer zones and it has a duly notified eco-sensitive zone