Shivani murder case: Chargesheet within a month
Today in New Delhi, India
Jan 18, 2019-Friday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Shivani murder case: Chargesheet within a month

The murder of six-year-old Shivani by her foster parents

india Updated: Oct 01, 2012 16:45 IST
HT Correspondent
HT Correspondent
Hindustan Times

Facing public outcry over the murder of six-year-old Shivani by her foster parents, Indore police have decided to complete its investigation and submit the chargesheet within a month. It will also urge the court to treat it as a specially identified case.

SP (East) OP Tripathi said that the case is marked by the police and they will request the court for speedy trial in the case. "The police will submit the chargesheet in less than a month. We are closely monitoring the case and suitable instructions have been given to the concerned police station to collect the evidences properly," Tripathi said.

The angry residents of the area took out a silent procession on Sunday with placards demanding capital punishment for the two accused. The distraught 'biological' father of Shivani, Prem Singh Sengar, is still camping in Indore.

Incidentally, this is the third incident within four months, when a girl child has been killed by criminals in Indore city alone, in two of the case the victims were sexually abused too.

Shivani, living in Rajiv Awas Vihar with her foster parents, died under suspicious circumstances at her house on Wednesday night. Rajesh Sengar and his wife Baby allegedly killed Shivani after months of sexual abuse. According to the post mortem report, the blockage of windpipe was the cause of death.

However, the exact reason of death will be clear after FSL laboratory Sagar, where samples of buccal cavity and other chemicals found in Shivani's intestine have been sent, come out with their report.

Police sources, who talked with Rajesh, said that he has admitted sexually exploiting Shivani as he was not satisfied with his wife Baby, who was ill most of the time.

Meanwhile, police quizzed Kumari Sangeeta for the second consecutive day on Sunday over the alleged harassment of her adopted child but found nothing incriminating. The neighbours had alleged that Sangeeta (42) had adopted a child 2 months ago and was forcing her to do the household work and also used to beat her up often. A formal complaint was registered at the Annapurna police station, where the statements of both the girl and Kumari Sangeeta were recorded. The girl was sent for medical examination, but the doctors did not find any sign of physical injuries on the child. CSP Annapurna AH Ghuriya said that the police have quizzed everyone. "The girl also denied being harassed," Ghuriya said. The doctors have also confirmed that the girl has not undergone any harassment.

Kumari Sangeeta, who runs the Suyash Vidya Niketan, denied all the allegations and said that some people with vested interests were out to malign her and her school.

First Published: Oct 01, 2012 16:24 IST