Students ill after eating ?prasad?
NINE STUDENTS of Shri Devi Annapurna School aged between 8 and 11 years were taken ill after eating ?prasad? given to them forcibly by an unidentified man at the Annapurna temple on Monday. However, all of them are out of danger.india Updated: Jan 30, 2007 16:11 IST
NINE STUDENTS of Shri Devi Annapurna School aged between 8 and 11 years were taken ill after eating ‘prasad’ given to them forcibly by an unidentified man at the Annapurna temple on Monday. However, all of them are out of danger.
‘‘As soon as we came to know about children vomiting, we took all of them to the nearby Pooja Hospital. The children are now all well and out of danger,” said principal Gayatri Sinha.
The school is on Annapurna temple premises. The doctors at the hospital flushed out food content from the children after which they were administered saline. “The children will be kept under observation and discharged on Tuesday,” Sinha told HT.
The children said the unidentified man was wearing black pants and coat and forcibly gave them ‘chirronji dana’ and groundnuts. But, as it was stinking with petrol or kerosene like substance, many of the children refused to eat it and some of them actually threw it away.
Acting swiftly, the school administration immediately took all the children to the hospital and once the doctors had attended to them, the parents were informed.
Meanwhile, Annapurna police station sources said they had received information about the incident and investigation was still going on. However, no FIR had been registered till the filing of this report.
First Published: Jan 30, 2007 16:11 IST