Theatres shut, film shootings cancelled
Due to the ongoing terror attacks in Mumbai since Wednesday night, the state government ordered all cinema houses in the city to shut down for a day, on Thursday, reports Vajir Singh.india Updated: Nov 28, 2008 00:40 IST
Due to the ongoing terror attacks in Mumbai since Wednesday night, the state government ordered all cinema houses in the city to shut down for a day, on Thursday.
Bhumika Tewari, AVP Programming, Fun Cinemas confirming the news said: “The decision was left to us. For precautionary sake, we decided to call it off for a day.”
Tewari said, there won’t be any morning shows on Friday. For the noon and evening shows, a decision will be taken later. “We’ve got orders from the state government for Thursday but so far we haven’t been informed what to do on Friday,” Desai said.
Two Hindi films — Sorry Bhai! and Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!, which were scheduled to release on Friday — have been pushed to Saturday.
According to Manoj Desai, executive director of Maratha Mandir and Bandra’s G-7 complex, till Thursday evening these two new films weren’t supposed to release on Friday but after a meeting post-evening, there’s a possibility they might.
Actor Sanjay Suri, co-producer of Sorry Bhai! said, Movie Mantra, the company releasing the film, would take the final call in the night.
But Ram Mirchandani, senior VP-Creative and Projects, UTV who is producing Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye! said, the movie would be released on Friday as scheduled.
Even shootings were cancelled on Thursday. Ajay Devgan decided take a day’s break from the shoot for his home-production Toonpoor Ka Superhero to be held at Chembur.
Leena Yadav, too decided to call it off for a day for her film Teen Patti. The shooting was supposed to be held in Centaur, Juhu.
First Published: Nov 28, 2008 00:38 IST