They too make the grade: the promising five
They may not have made it to the Top Ten, but they hold as much promise as their crowned counterparts. Here is a list of other options in north Delhi.
* Mata Jai Kaur Public School, Ashok Vihar
The school is spread across four acres. It organises night camps for students and community outreach events. It has eight labs, including for subjects such as geography and language. Cricket, basketball, football, badminton, table tennis, throwball, volleyball, judo, chess and many other sports are encouraged.
* GD Goenka School, Rohini
The school building is centrally air-conditioned. It has specialist studios for computer science, visual and performing arts, music, dance and a digital e-library. Teachers regularly attend various training programmes. The school has clubs for public speaking, dramatics, environment, social service and astronomy, among others. The entire campus is under CCTV surveillance.
* NK Bagrodia school, Rohini
The school is spread over four acres. It has a science park to impart knowledge using innovative methods. The school also has 9 labs for different subjects and 65 IT-enabled learning rooms. There is a sports arena where indoor and outdoor games such as basketball, football, badminton, handball, volleyball and many more are played.
* Sachdeva Public School, Rohini
Affiliated to the CBSE, the school was established in 1992. Besides smart-classes, the school building has labs, music, dance and drama rooms and a food court. The school runs seven sports academies to train students after school hours. Various workshops and training sesssions are organsied for the personal growth of the staff.
* Darbari Lal DAV Model, Pitampura
Established in 1981, the school is spread across 4 acres and has 87 IT-enabled learning rooms. There are various art and craft, sports and subject clubs. For the upliftment of the weaker sections of society, the school has adopted social welfare programmes and initiated various campaigns, including those on environmental issues.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- A total of 18 services will be covered. The ministry said the new system will “simplify the government delivery processes and bring in transparency and efficiency”
- There are now 883 active Covid-19 cases in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Chief minister Jagan Mohan Reddy-led ruling YSR Congress Party (YSRCP) has criticised the Centre’s step of privatising the steel plant.
- While Bangalore has been ranked top among 49 cities with population of more than a million, Bareilly, Dhanbad and Srinagar are ranked as the bottom three.