Three injured in Mumbai's LPG explosion
A man and his wife were injured in an explosion inside a room in a North West Mumbai slum.india Updated: Feb 14, 2007 23:54 IST
A man and his wife were among three persons injured in an explosion caused by LPG leakage inside a room in a North West Mumbai slum on Wednesday, the police said in Mumbai.
Anil Singh and his wife Sunita were injured along with Gopi, a gas mechanic from the Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited, after a gas leak resulted in explosion at Dahisar's Ketaki Pada on Wednesday afternoon, Deputy Commissioner of Police Shivaji Bodke said.
"The Singhs had some problem with their LPG regulator and called Gopi to fix the problem. He fixed a new regulator but did not attach it properly resulting in an explosion while trying to check the stove," he said. Gopi has been booked for negligence, Bodke added.
First Published: Feb 14, 2007 23:54 IST