Tom Cruise hits rough patch
Hollywood superstar Tom Cruise has apparently hit a rough patch. He is getting very few offers to play lead roles.
Perezhilton.com reports that Cruise wanted to make Mission: Impossible 4 but he was rejected by Paramount. Instead he got an offer to produce it. Cruise decided not to accept the offer.
The studio wants to continue the franchise with a younger star and leave Cruise completely out.
He is also having a tough time with Germans. Cruise's new movie Valkyrie has come under criticism. He plays the Claus Von Stauffenberg, the German leader who tried to assassinate Adolf Hitler.
The Germans are upset with Cruise's company for altering photos of Stauffenberg to make him look more like Cruise. Alterations were reportedly made to the nose, chin and eyebrows.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The health ministry on Saturday said that close to 200,000 people were vaccinated on Day 1 of the drive.
- The Santacruz station of the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) recorded a minimum temperature of 16.6 degrees Celsius, a degree below normal. This is the second lowest minimum temperature recorded this season following a mercury drop to 16 degrees Celsius on December 22 last year.
- The DoPT is the nodal ministry for the CBI and any administrative action against Class-I gazetted officers (DSPs) is approved by it while the CBI Director has powers to suspend Inspectors and below rank officers.
- The CM said that policies have been simplified and they would be further eased to help those wanting to contribute to Bihar’s progress in different ways.
- Billed as Asia’s oldest and India’s biggest festival, IFFI is being held in Goa since 2004. This year the festival will open with the Indian premiere of the movie ‘Another Round’ by Thomas Vinterberg.
- Glitches were reported from some districts from states including Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Uttarkhand.